Sunday, October 27, 2013

Time Well Spent

      I have learned so much throughout my journey here at Walden and it was very difficult to narrow all that I have learned into three deeply felt leanings.  Here is what I came up with for myself as most important.
1.     This program has reinforced that there is always more to learn and as a life long learner I will be able to continue to increase my knowledge, growth, and experience in the field.
2.     I have learned the value of equity and justice over equality and the role each of these aspects plays in the early child field.
3.     I have also learned the value of communication and collaboration in becoming a successful agent of social change.

One long-term goal I have for myself in the early childhood field is to continue my formal education and work towards my PhD in some aspect of the field.  
I am really not very good at farewells, so as we each go our separate ways, following our own aspirations and dreams I can only hope that our paths will cross again in our work to positively impact the early childhood field.  I have valued our time together, and found you input and comments a necessary tool in my personal growth and success in this program.  I wish all of you the best and success in future endeavors.  I would also like to give a special thanks to our instructor and the time she has spent providing the individual feedback and help needed to complete this program on a positive note…I hope positive for all.
Here is a link to my final WORDLE…it contains all the terms I found and now feel are important to my growth in the field: http://www.wordle.net/delete?index=7215976&d=VUYA
One of the hardest parts of this program has been the lack of face-to-face interactions.  While we have all worked together and interacted, with out these types of interactions and physical presence I feel the personal connection of actually being in a classroom is kind of lost…I do not know what half of you even look like.  I am sure this will somehow change as online studies become more prominent. 

Here is an email address for anyone that is starting a network of contacts for early childhood professionals…I would be happy to provide more information, just email me at kiykojayne@gmail.com


Take care everyone. It has been a wonderful experience!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Crystal,
    Thanks for your honest reflection regarding online courses. Perhaps this will be an area you will contribute to in the future. I believe that early childhood is headed in this direction as children become more computer savy at an early age. I think this may foster more parent engagement. Parent engagement is my passion, so perhaps if you decide to take this path our path may cross again. I think this would be a great area to purse continued professional growth. Again, Best Wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete